Conditions of hire
A narrowboat booking is confirmed and binding when the completed and signed booking form has reached Beacon Park Boats Ltd. (the Company) with 25% of the total hire fee.
2. Balance of Hire FeeThe hirer is responsible for the whole of the hire fee and the balance must be paid eight weeks before the date on which the holiday is due to start.
3. PricesThe prices shown on this web site are fully inclusive for the narrowboat.
This includes all fuels, parking, up to two pets (19), boat insurance (8) and our cancellation policy (21).
4. BrochureWe reserve the right to change advertised prices. However, in the rare event of this being necessary we will advise the Hirer at the time of booking.
5. ArrivalThe time of take-over is normally 2:30pm. The Hirer must advise the company if, due to unavoidable delays your arrival time is likely to be later than 6:00pm.
6. DepartureThe boat must be returned by 9:00am. The Hirer is always welcome to moor at the boatyard on the evening before handing back the boat. Failure to return the boat at 9:00am will incur a further fee equal to twice the daily charter rate for each day or part day, and the making good to the Company of any loss sustained.
7. CleanlinessThe Hirer is obliged to leave everything in a clean and tidy condition. Failure to observe this return procedure will result in an extra cleaning charge of £50.
8. InsuranceThe boat is fully insured (Third Party risks to £3,000,000).This gives the Hirer full cover in the event of accidental damage to the boat or its equipment. However should the Company feel that damage has been deliberately caused, or caused by negligence, it reserves the right to make a charge for the loss.
9. AccidentsThe Hirer is in complete charge of the boat and is responsible for its safe navigation. In the event of any accident the Hirer must notify the Company at once with full details and names and addresses of a witness. DO NOT ADMIT LIABILITY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
10. RepairsAny repairs are the responsibility of the Company and should not be put into the hands of other companies without the Company's authority.
11. DelaysThe Company cannot be held responsible for any delays caused by Canal & River Trust (CRT) work programs on the canal. We also reserve the right to restrict the navigation without notice if unusual conditions arise and can make no financial adjustment in these circumstances.
12. Loss Of WaterThe Hirer is responsible for any charges made by the Canal & River Trust (CRT) for any loss of water or damage to CRT property caused by the Hirer.
13. Hirer's PropertyThe Company regrets it cannot accept any liability for loss or damage to Hirer's or passengers property, baggage, motor cars etc. however caused.
14. Letting to Persons under 18 YearsThe Company will not let a boat to a person under 18 years of age.
15. Company's ReservationsIt should be noted that:
a) The company reserves the right to refuse to hand over a boat to any person who, in its opinion, is not suitable to take charge. In this event all money paid will be refunded in full and the Hirer shall have no other claim.
b) The Company may repossess the boat at any time if, in its opinion, the Hirer is unsuitable or isn't behaving responsibly, or if the boat or any persons are at risk. In these circumstances the Hirer remains liable for the holiday cost and no refund will be made.
c) The Company shall not be in breach of its agreement with the Hirer nor liable for any delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under this agreement if such delay or failure result from events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control.
If such events, circumstances or causes arise, the following terms apply:
1. The Company will, by agreement with The Hirer, attempt to re-book your holiday for a later date when it is possible for your holiday to take place; and
2. If in The company's opinion no such date is available, your booking will be cancelled and The Company will refund to you the amounts you have paid to The Company, after deduction of The Company's reasonable estimate of all the costs and expenses (including all its general overhead costs) which it has incurred in relation to your holiday prior to the cancellation
You should consider taking out holiday cancellation insurance.
16. Boat InstructionThe Hirer and passengers undertake to receive instruction from representatives of the Company in boat handling and agree to abide by their procedures as told and shown on takeover. In particular the Hirer will comply with all instructions given concerning safety of the boat, passengers, canal structures and canal environment.
This covers but is not limited to:
a) Not cruising in hours of darkness
b) Observing all speed limits and not creating a damaging wash.
c) Showing courtesy to other canal users.
d) Operating the locks carefully and properly.
e) Observing all bylaws, navigation limits and instruction/advice from British Waterways representatives.
Breach of these conditions will result in curtailment of hire with no refund
17. PassengersOnly the maximum number of people the boat is designed to sleep are allowed on the boat.
18. Live BaitNo live bait is to be carried inside the boat at any time.
19. PetsThe Hirer must bring their pet-blanket or basket as pets are allowed only on the clear understanding that in no circumstances may they lie on the bedding or chairs. Your pets must not be left unattended in your boat.
20. Stag & Hen partiesBoats will not be hired to all-male or all-female parties except at the discretion of the Company.
21. CancellationIf you wish to cancel a booking you must give us notice in writing as soon as possible. On receipt of the written cancellation we will endeavour to re-book the boat for the holiday period and if successful for the whole or part of the period, we will refund the relevant proportion of the money paid less £50 (fifty pounds) to cover office administration.
If, following a booking, the full balance is not paid on time, we will notify the Hirer. If after 30 days from the date on which full payment is due, full payment has not been received by us then we may cancel the booking and the above cancellation charges will apply and you remain liable for 100% of the holiday cost.
22. EnjoymentThese Conditions of Hire are written to ensure that every eventuality is covered and that an amicable solution to any difficulties can be reached. It is of primary importance to us at Beacon Park Boats that you the Hirer have an enjoyable, memorable holiday on the Monmouth and Brecon Canal. Your enjoyment is our best advertisement.