New to boating?
As a family that’s used to messing about on boats of all kinds, we’ve picked up a great deal of useful information over the years. We use this, together with our local knowledge, to provide those extra things which can make the difference between a rough holiday and one that’s plain sailing. We believe we can provide most landlubbers with a holiday experience on water that runs smoothly. Perhaps you’re considering going on a canal for the first time or maybe you’ve narrowed it down to a few waterways – please ask us any questions and we’ll give you honest answers.
Make life easy...use a bow thrusterOn a boating holiday, there is always plenty to do on the water itself, not least steering your boat, but our luxury fleet is designed with relaxation in mind. For effortless manoeuvring around bends choose a boat with a bow thruster – jets of water which can move the front of the vessel sideways with the simple push of a button located on the rear deck. Usually found only on privately-owned boats, it’s a major selling point for many of our customers, who prefer not to use the traditional barge pole.
We supply everything you need to knowAll our customers receive a bespoke information pack containing:
- a 40 minute DVD (produced by Beacon Park Boats) explaining how to operate your boat
- a copy of John Norris' indispensable guidebook 'The Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal'
- details of what's on your boat to avoid bringing unnecessary things
- recommended itineraries to help you get the most out of your holiday
- simple directions to our wharf