With the nights closing in and a steady dip in temperature, we've been thinking a lot about our houseboats and the preparations we need to make for the coming months. There's something special about being tucked away in an idyllic corner of Wales, warming up your narrowboat with a wood fire and watching the world go by, and a lot of you have expressed interest in a winter escape, that's why we've decided to add two more houseboats this Winter, bringing the total to four unique, cosy, fully equipped narrowboats.
We're pleased to announce that Kingfisher and Falcon will join favourites Owl and Grouse for long and short holidays over the winter season! If you follow us on social media, you might have seen that we originally planned to have Osprey as a houseboat, but decided to upgrade to Falcon to provide even more luxury and the opportunity for larger groups to holiday with us.
- Kingfisher with her front dining area
- Dual reclining armchairs in front of the wood-burning stove, perfect for a relaxing winter holiday
We think these boats will make perfect additions to our winter roster, with Kingfisher offering comfort for two in front of a wood-burning stove, a semi-wide beam allowing for extra bed space and a surround sound entertainment system, and Falcon bringing three double beds, dual bathrooms and extra spacious design. In addition, all boats have central heating and all the extras and niceties you need to make your stay even more special.
- The wide beam Falcon with ample space for up to 8 people.
- Falcon's comfy saloon area that can be converted into dining space
Of course, Owl and Grouse remain popular choices for houseboats as always!
- Owl's hot tub, complete with wind shield
- Grouse's kitchen comes fully stocked with everything you need to make those romantic, warming meals during your stay.
If you'd like to learn more about our winter houseboats, watch our video below!
In other news, our two boat-building projects are on schedule, with Robin having recently had batteries, motor, and heat pump installed, alongside some interior decoration, and finally given her iconic green paint. We're excited to have moved on to building her interior and putting our carpentry skills on full display.
- Robin being given her first coat of Beacon Park Boats' iconic green paint
- With the electrics installed there are decisions to be made on Robin's interior
Swan's delivery is due early in November, with her completion date being March 2023. Being a wheelchair-accessible boat, it will open up the Mon & Brec to people who otherwise could not come and enjoy it, so we're extra excited to get to work on her as soon as she arrives. As always, we'll keep you updated on how the project is coming along.
- The colours of the canal shifting from green to gold
Autumn is a beautiful time to cruise the canal, and we still have some availability on some of your favourite boats, so don't feel it's too late to book a last-minute adventure on the Mon & Brec!