- BOOKING A narrowboat booking is confirmed and
binding when the completed and signed booking form has reached Beacon Park Boats (the Company) with 25% of the total hire fee.
- BALANCE OF HIRE FEE The Hirer is responsible for the whole of the hire fee and the balance must be paid
eight weeks before the date on which the holiday is due to start.
- PRICES The prices shown in the brochure are
fully inclusive for the narrowboat. This includes fuels, damage waiver
(8) and cancellation insurance (21).
- BROCHURE. We reserve the right to change advertised prices. However in the rare event of this being necessary we
will advise the Hirer at the time of booking.
- ARRIVAL The time of take-over is normally
Hirer must advise the Company if, due to unavoidable delays your arrival time is likely to be later than 6:00pm.
- DEPARTURE The boat must be returned by
Hirer is always welcome to moor at the boatyard on the evening before handing back the boat. Failure to return the boat at 9:00am will incur a further fee equal to twice the
daily charter rate for each day or part day, and the making good to the Company of any loss sustained.
- CLEANLINESS The Hirer is obliged to leave
everything in a clean and tidy condition. Failure to observe this return
procedure will result in an extra cleaning charge of £20.
- DAMAGE WAIVER/INSURANCE The boat is fully insured (Third Party risks to £3,000,000), however a one off non-refundable damage waiver of
£25 is included. This gives the Hirer full cover in the event of minor accidental damage to the boat or its equipment. Should the Company feel that damage has been deliberately caused, or caused by negligence, it reserves the right to make a charge for the loss.
- ACCIDENTS The Hirer is in complete charge of the boat and is responsible for its safe navigation. In the event of any accident the Hirer must notify the Company at once with full details and names and addresses of witnesses. DO NOT
ADMIT LIABILITY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
- REPAIRS Any repairs are the responsibility of the Company and should not be put into the hands of other companies without the Company's authority.
- DELAYS The Company cannot be held responsible for any delays caused by British Waterways work programs on the canal. We also reserve the right to restrict the
navigation without notice if unusual conditions arise and can make no financial adjustment in these circumstances.
- LOSS OF WATER The Hirer is responsible for any charges made by the Waterways Authorities for any loss of water or damage to the Waterways property caused by the Hirer.
- HIRER’S PROPERTY
The Company regrets it cannot accept any liability for loss or damage to Hirer’s or passenger’s property, baggage, motor cars etc. however caused.
LETTING TO PERSONS UNDER 18 YEARS The
Company will not let a boat to a person under 18 years of age.
- COMPANY’S RESERVATIONS It should be noted that:
a) The Company reserves the right to refuse to hand over a boat to any person who, in its opinion, is not
suitable to take charge. In this event all money paid will be refunded in full and the Hirer shall have no other
b) The Company may repossess the boat at any time if, in its opinion, the Hirer is unsuitable or isn’t behaving responsibly, or if the boat or any persons are at risk. In
these circumstances the Hirer remains liable for the holiday cost and no refund will be made.
c) If owing to circumstances beyond the Company’s control, it is unable to provide the boat booked or a suitable alternative, the Company will refund all money paid in full and the Hirer shall have no further claim.
- BOAT INSTRUCTION The Hirer and passengers undertake to receive instruction from representatives of the Company in boat handling and agree to abide by their procedures as told and shown on takeover. In particular the Hirer will comply with all instructions given concerning safety of the boat, passengers, canal structures and canal environment. This covers, but is not limited to:
a) Not cruising in hours of darkness.
b) Observing all speed limits and not creating a damaging wash.
c) Showing courtesy to other canal users.
d) Operating the locks carefully and properly.
e) Observing all bylaws, navigation limits and instruction/advice from British Waterways representatives.
Breach of these conditions will result in curtailment of hire with no refund.
- PASSENGERS Only the maximum number of people the boat is designed to sleep are allowed on the boat
- LIVE BAIT No live bait is to be carried inside the boat at any time.
- PETS The Hirer must bring their pet-blanket or basket as pets are allowed only on the clear understanding that in no circumstances may they lie on the bedding or chairs. Your pet must not be left unattended in your boat.
- STAG & HEN PARTIES Boats will not be hired to all-male or all-female parties except at the discretion of the Company.
If you wish to cancel a booking you must give us notice in writing
as soon as possible. On receipt of the written cancellation we will
endeavour to re-book the boat for the holiday period and if
successful for the whole or part of the period, will refund the
relevant proportion of the money paid less £50 (fifty pounds) to
cover office administration
If, following a booking, the full balance is not paid on time, we
will notify the hirer. If after 30 days from the date on which full
payment is due, full payment has not been received by us then we may
cancel the booking and the above cancellation charges will apply and
you remain liable for 100% of the holiday cost.
- ENJOYMENT These Conditions of Hire are written to ensure that every eventuality is covered and that an amicable solution to any difficulties can be
reached. It is of primary importance to us at Beacon Park Boats that you the Hirer have an enjoyable, memorable holiday on the Monmouth and Brecon Canal.
Your enjoyment is our best advertisement.